Thursday, May 10, 2012

Youth

The poem I chose for the poem project is called "Youth" by Kim Nan-Do
 
It's youth because you are anxious
It's youth because you are lonely
It's youth because you are Indecisive
It's youth because you are alive
So It's youth.

Kim Nan-Do is a famous poet in Korea right now. His poetry book called "It's Youth because you are hurt" helped him rised to fame. He's very liked by young people in korea because  the young people really enjoy reading his book. Most of the reviews of the book are about how all the people reading the poem can relate to it. Like many young people in korea, i also  can relate very well to this poem. It fits so perfectly and it amazes me how Nan-do was able to capture all of these feelings. Youth is such an important part of life and i believe that things that happen during someone's youth wil determine the outcome of how they wil turn out to be. Although I'm very nervous it's my youth time now but in another way, I'm really excited for it. I can't wait to experience life as a person in his youth. His ability to catch the actual feeling lead me to really love this poem. I hope it does for you as well ^^

Alex Han

1 comment:

  1. Me too. I am excited to see what my potential as a youth will come to be and I am excited for my uncertain future. I am ready to take on any challenges.

    -Richard Won
    Period 3

    ReplyDelete