Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch is a book that I read this year as a part of our individual reading project. It was recommened by my former middle school teacher, who said that it changed her views about life and that it would challenge me to think about the purpose of my life. The book, written by a young professor diagnosed with terminal cancer, contains many life lessons.

This book has impacted me in so many different ways. Although it may not be a book with literary merit or extremely sophisticated sentences and vocabulary, the author's writing style makes it easy for the readers to establish a connection with him. With a lighthearted tone, Pausch shares his positive outlook on life and death. He wrote, "We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." After reading this book, I hope I will be able to cope with not only death, but with all the difficulties I may encounter in the future with courage.

3 comments:

  1. It seems that in life in general, when people are faced with life diseases or get a glimpse of what death would be like, they start to appreciate life more. It usually does take for something to happen tragically for a person to grasp the true meaning of life and makes up grateful. This book is something I would be interested in reading because I would be able to connect to the book and would know that he had to learn this life lesson first hand.
    -Amanda A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved this book as well! Really gives you something to think about.

    - Kristinah K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Based on what you have written it seems as if there are multiple life lessons to be learned by reading this book. It's great that you were able to make a connection with the book. This book seems like a good read.

    -Destiny O.

    ReplyDelete